Thursday, May 25

# Celebrity News

BET AWARDS: Leslie Jones to host 2017 BET Awards

American comedian and actress will take to the stage for the June 25 show and is on a mission to make you laugh so hard that you forget that you came to an awards ceremony.

The 49-year-old actress embarked on a career as a stand up comedian in 1987, which saw her entertain crowds on a show on BET and the funny woman believes her career has come ‘full circle’ as she has been picked to host the show in Los Angeles.

Leslie will be following in the footsteps of previous hosts, Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Rock and on screen husband and wife, Anthony Anderson and Tracee Ellis Ross.

Speaking to PEOPLE she said: ‘BET was the first place I ever did comedy on TV, so it’s a full-circle moment of coming home where I started.’
Rightfully so, the SNL comic seemed to be proud of how far she’s come as she explained: ‘I went out in the world and did what I needed to do, and now I can come home to my people and say, “Yo! Look what I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment